Friday, August 12, 2011

present for my big sis




Good morn'n my crafty ladies. 

I chose to do a project for my big sis. I miss her so much.





I used a wooden purse from Michaels and I painted it a darker pink outside with a lighter pink inside. I then covered the outside with pink glitter paint to make it sparkle.I then put a string of pearls around the edge of it. I added a large pink fabric flower to bottom left corner and a chipboard swirl with glitter and gems to the bottom right corner. also I put a small pink fabric rose in corner. in the top left I put 3 gems on with my irock. the upper right I half way glued a white and pink crocheted flower. in the center I used a white rub on that said I love you. I used 10 large half pearls and went along the outside with them. the inside lid I attacked 3 gems in each top corner again with my irock. in the bottom I glued a white and pink crocheted flower. the center contains a white rub on that says love family. I also included 3 gems in center of rub on flowers. so simple but so elegant.
















the present I included in the purse is a sisters wall hanging made from coasters. I took 8 coasters you can get from Michaels dollar bins and covered in 2 different colored pink papers. the light color has family written on it. I then used the cricut and cut the word "sisters" out using lyrical letters, I attached them to the coasters and used stickles in pink to outline them. I attached all of the coasters together using jump rings and sheer ribbon. each coaster has a flower stickers made of gems. a pink silk rose and a few corner gems. all alternating corners. for the top coaster I used a recent pic of me and my sis (November 2010) . I cut it with scalloped scissors and outlined with pink stickles. I used 4 silk roses in the corners and then 3 gems on top and 3 gems on bottom. I used some organic cotton cord to hang it. after I was done and it dried I folded it up, put it inside the purse and mailed it off. she got it and loves it. 








Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project.
Have A Beautiful Day.   

I'm entering this into the week 12: made it myself mondays contest. Why don't you come join me over at Made It Myself Monday. You won't regret it. Link up your creations. Be proud of them. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message. :O)