Monday, March 26, 2012

A double pager for Katie

Morning, A few weeks ago I made a double pager for a swap I am in. I have all of the names of products and such sitting here on my desk but something keeps pulling me from making a post, so here it is.

My partner was Katie , she was to send me 5-6 photo's of her and the family and i was to make a double pager for her. She told me she loves to journal and sent me 1 photo.The colors she wanted was red, white, black with a Christmas theme. The picture is a wedding around Christmas time. It was super hard to incorporate wedding with Christmas. So I racked my brain on how I was going to pull this off . Here is what I came up with.

My background paper is My Mind's Eye Bohemia Bliss "Friends" Brocade/Red #BH2043. I chose to use the red side. The white paper is Recollections Wedding Words. I took a different piece of paper and traced and cut the shape into the wedding paper on my own.  For the left top I used a Jolee's Boutique Engagement Ring - SPJB784. The photo I matted onto a paper heart doily that I made sticking out the top a little. I took Jolee's Boutique Christmas Lights- SPJB040 and went around 3 sides of my photo.  Below the photo I used Jolee's all that bling - red princess swing bling- 50-20938. The inchie I got in a swap and fit perfectly. The bottom flower is red,white,black tulle. The top flower I believe I got from Katie in a swap. The white gems and I DO sticker came with the Engagement Ring set.
For the right page I used a digi file from Scrappers Delight. Her name is Sophie and she is currerntly FREE.  I used some more bling from the All that Bling and also the Engagement Set on this page also. I used Jolee's Classic Tree - 50-20368 in the bottom corner. The flower is gathered red lace with a gem in center. Added some black and white stick pins with beads on them. My large journal block is just a big piece of black card-stock with red and white layered on top. I used Lips Stickabilities by the Paper Studio in the top corner of my block. In the middle is a studio g gem bell. Around the border of my block is black and shimmery red thick twine type something intertwined and glued down. I used the rest of the Christmas lights under my block.
I really loved how this turned out. I also believe Katie did too as I received a message saying she is going to put them into shadow boxes and place them on her wall. Makes me all happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is Rosedzi from promting your blog 3 on swap bot! You have a great blog and are very very talented! Thanks for sharing yoru blog and website with me!! I love it!!!! I love the pictures and details of what you have accomplished. you have so much talent!!
    Rosedzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. Great two-pager!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message. :O)