Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions Hop

New Years Hop



Welcome to the "New Year's Resolutions" Blog Hop!!


We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop showcasing cards, layouts and projects that feature our New Year's Hopes, Dreams, and Commitments!!  You'll  find an array of ideas throughout the hop -- From decorations to gift ideas and more, we hope you'll enjoy each and every project along the  way!!

We can guarantee LOTS of inspiration for this event... So let's get hopping!!  If you've hopped  over from Vicki then  you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email  and you'd like to join our FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at  the beginning with Lynda's blog...

For the hop today, I've created .......

My very first mini album I made by myself. I am so happy with it and proud of myself.

I took chipboard and covered 2 pieces in black. These are my covers. I added 2 holes in spine for the ribbon closure. The front cover I used my designers calendar cartridge and DCWV adhesive backed pattern paper and cut out 2012. I added black and white flowers to it from Making Memories Tin Collection Flowers Glitter Red and Black. I didn't use the red instead used the white that was in the tin. I made 4 sets alternating black and white. Added a large flat backed pearl to the centers. Along the bottom I added some small lace and on top of that put some ribbon someone gave me. The right corner I attached a butterfly that I received in a swap. It is made of clear plastic and embossed.On this butterfly I added 12 3mm blue gems. I used the designers calendar cartridge for my whole project, Using the same DCWV paper as the 2012 I cut out the months at 2 inches.

Heres a shot of my front cover and the butterfly.

Now since my pages are double sided the months wont be in order as I post them but they are in my book.

  • January is a snowflake/champagne theme.
  • February is a heart and love theme.
  • March is a green and clover theme.
  • April is a umbrella theme.
  • May is a flower theme.
  • June is a butterfly theme.
  • July is fireworks theme.
  • August is a fish/turtle theme.
  • September is a fall theme.
  • October is a pumpkin/skull theme.
  • November is a turkey theme.
  • December is a Christmas theme.
All the die cuts except the words, date, heart,Christmas tree was all cuts I have received in swaps.  Let's get on with the pictures.








Thank you again for checking out my project. I will be giving away some candy. It is just going to be some random things you can use while scraping and card making. Please be a follower and leave a comment here telling me what the new year is holding for you. Also please include a email so I can get a hold of you if your my lucky winner.

Now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!

NEW YEAR'S HOP (January 1):


7 comments:

  1. Your album turned out fabulously! Thanks for sharing it! I'm a new follower! I hope my new year has for me- good health, a further understanding of my faith, and harmony with others. floresfour@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wonderful mini= love the themes
    The only resolution i have made for this year is to blog at least once a month on my blog and post more of my creations.
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already a follower. Love your album. Might have to try it myself.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You diod a excellent job on your mini alblum. I made my first one last year. I love doing them but they do take some time. Thanks for sharing.

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com
    lebpab21408atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOt sure where my comments went. maybe you have to approve them but I really love your album..I commented that I love all the colors and patterned papers you chose..

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.com
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this book. Great pages.

    ABD from Swapbot
    Check out my blog #9

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message. :O)