I started out with 3 books I got from the library for 2/1. I then covered them in K and Company - Halloween Whimsy Collection - 12 x 12 Specialty Paper Pad- which is now discontinued. Once I had the papers cut and glued on, I glued the books shut and pages together with Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel Medium . After that all dried I took 3 canisters of paint in orange, purple, green to match the papers and I painted the book pages with it. While that was drying I gathered the Halloween supplies I was wanting to use. Using card stock I wrote my own book titles, 2 was written in sharpie, 1 was printed off pc. I used some skeleton heads from Wal-mart. Skeleton garland from Dollar General. Ceramic finger from Michaels. Crocheted spider courtesy of my mom. A water bottle cap I colored black with sharpie. Hot glue gun and crystal lacquer. Cauldron die cut. Green glimmer mist that has a gold tint to it, Black stickles. The skeleton WOULD NOT SIT DOWN so I lacquered him to my bottle top and he still didn't wanna sit, so I then also hot glued him to the bottle top and it worked excellent. I also hot glued his heels of feet down. Sprayed the ceramic finger with the green/gold mist and painted the nail with black stickles. I used the hands , feet and arm bones from one of the skeletons and glued them around. This whole project took me two days. I didn't get to bed the second night until 9 am. YIKES.
Well on to my Altered Halloween Books. I hope I inspire you.
Books I started with
Paper I used
My books all covered.
Books all painted and glued shut
my book spines
Princess Kiara woke up this morning and I was still playing. She came in and asked me if she an have the remaining two skeletons and here is what she did with them.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope I inspired you.
I am entering this into the following: