Sunday, July 15, 2012

INKED Blog Hop..



Welcome to INKED -- I love the artwork that is being used in tattoos and its amazing how many people are getting tattoos now-a-days and its not just for bikers or marines anymore! This hop then is dedicated to the beautiful artwork whether you have a tattoo or not . . .

Lynne Kirsch got her first tattoo in 2000 and its of Winnie the Pooh floating upwards with 3 balloons on her upper thigh. She now wants to get another tattoo and hopefully it will be this year of angel wings with a quilt square in the center with her little angel's name above the wings.

We all get tattoos for various reasons. I have noticed that women that with breast cancer that have their breast removed are now a large group of getting tattoos. When my lump was first found and of course with all the concern -- I thought and still feel that if and when my breast would be removed, I want to have a glorious tattoo of a peacock!!!!

The art of tattoo can be anything as simple as a name or as beautiful as a peacock and there is always a story behind a tattoo.

This blog hop is dedicated to the stories and the artwork behind a tattoo. If you happen to visit today at my blog, I appreciate the visit but I would love for you to appreciate all the wonderful projects that are being displayed today and would want you to stop at the first inking with Lynne . If you arrived from visiting Laura  then you are on the right artful path of inking!!!!

We are very blessed and fortunate to have Daisy Collins of I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose for $10 of merchandise in her zibbet store .

Well let me get onto my INKED project so you will have enough time to visit and see everyone Else's great INK.
I got my first INK on 11-5-2010. My bestie told me we was going to go out in do something but it wouldn't take long. Instructed I didn't wear tight legged or long pants. I was kinda frightened cause I had no idea what he had planned. Next thing I new I was getting my Son's name down my left leg. My INK reads Chase. I love it. Chase passed away at birth in 1999 and now he is forever with me. My next one will be a medical tattoo for diabetes, I am wanting it on the underside of my forearm so when my palm is up the people can see it. I'm hoping this will alert them faster then the medical bracelet I wear in that spot and they just so happen to NEVER SEE.  Here is my INK.



Now onto my project for this hop. I made a Layout of my bestie and his INK. I got permission to be showcasing him to all you lovely ladies. He He.

Asking him what colors he would like me to use , he said his favorite colors which happen to be red and black. I used black as my main background and used Tim Holtz distresser tool to rough in it up a little. I cut down red and did the same thing to it.I used some left over punch work and just inked 2 to get the right colors, they are the bottom black and red. Added a few red and black buttons because I felt it needed something else but jewels, pearls and flowers was not allowed. For the lettering I used the 6"x12" cricut paper for the tags, bags, boxes & more cartridge. It is the third set in, the red with black, white, yellow lines on it. I thought it went well with this color scheme. CERTIFIED is what his ink is. Every time I see him I look at his ink and in my head I add things to it, darken it up, redo it and so forth. I asked if I can work with it and he strongly says NO.



Your next stop along the path of inkin is Daisy. If you happen to get stranded the link up is below.






Thanks for stopping today and visiting our tribute to inking with the glorious artwork behind tattoos!

5 comments:

  1. Great to see tat of your son will be with u forever!
    Laura d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tattoo!! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very brave to do that with very little warning or preparation. Beautiful job. If you can't work on his ink at least you can scrap it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tats and wonderful BFF to think of your son!!!! Not only is your little angel looking down on you but he is forever walking with you! Your layout is awesome! You are very very brave to have this done though without much thought or preparation!!!!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message. :O)