Sunday, November 11, 2012

Love makes you real..

Good morning, today I wanted to show you a project I made for my nieces 10th birthday that is coming up in a few weeks (shes a thanksgiving baby). I wanted to make her something she will love. She loves to craft with me and loves to paper piece , so I went with that theme. Oh I can not forget she loves purple and glitter.

I used a left over piece of wood from my stamp pad holder my papa made me. It was the perfect size for my idea. I sanded the whole thing, top bottom and all 4 sides. I then took some gesso and painted it white cause it had some black marks on both sides. After that dried I took some light purple paint and painted the top and all 4 sides. I left the bottom unpainted as she is going to hang it on her wall anyways. After the purple paint dried I painted it with a silver folk art glitter. It doesn't have TOO much glitter but just enough. While all my paint was drying I cut out my paper piecing file I wanted to use from paper piecings by nikki . I used her "Love makes you real" file. It is so adorable. Once I had that all cut and glued together I printed my favorite photo of my niece- Kiara, it is from her birthday last year. I then used a paper lace heart and decked it out. I used Martha Stewart markers to color some pieces in. I used brown, red, glitter green, glitter purple. I inked the outside of the heart with pink ink. Took a ultra fine black and kinda went in the flower so it doesn't look like a big red blob. Later today I am going to cut some chain and make a hanging handle so it can be hung up.

Here is my plaque.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project.

I am entering this in to The Robins Nest Design Team , there looking for some more members.  You should check out The Robins Nest Store also. I absolutely love there dew drops.


1 comment:

  1. cute project, thanks for your submission to be apart of the robin nest DT

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a message. :O)